Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Updates All Around

Hi friends long time no blog took some blogging time off! I have a lot to update y'all on so sit down and buckle up! :-)  Life has been busy busy busy lately! School, hubby's retirement, gearing up to go home for a visit, gearing up for a weekend at the beach for my daughters 16th birthday just busy!  I had my final weigh in with my doctor on the 7th yay I had some loss not as big as the first two months but I knew that was going to be the case! I got my Psych Eval today the doctor handed over my letter of evaluation and I hand delivered my 3mths of weight management paperwork, my echocardiogram paperwork and my Psych evaluation they scanned it in and said I was good to go and someone would call me by Friday with my appt to meet with my surgeon and then they would submit my paperwork to Tri Care so hopefully I'll be approved for my RNY Bypass and I can lose all this weight!! I am super excited!!  I am hoping they will do it by July! Come on Tri Care be good to me lol!! My Psychologist said in his report that I was an excellent candidate for the surgery and he recommended it for me. He said I wasn't as crazy as others would like to believe ha ha ha!! He said that I internalized my anger too much (ha he should live with me those that know me know that I can tolerate a lot but once I reach a point I'm going to let you have it!!), He said that I was a perfectionist, That I also was very critical of myself (duh you think?) and that I down played my success. We all have issues so I didn't expect to come back all rosie happy!In other news my husbands retirement luncheon and his ceremony was this week! Yesterday was his retirement ceremony and after 20 years in the USAF he is out of there! It has been a crazy nine years almost for us (that's how long we have been married) me and the kids followed him where ever the USAF has sent him because where he was, was home. So yesterday during the ceremony I had to pin on his retirement pin it was to go on the left lapel of his blues I was afraid I'd get confused and pin it on the right because facing him my left is his right so I devised a plan to focus on his left ring finger where I placed that wedding ring on his finger 9 years ago this July 2nd, I got to thinking when I married him he was in the USAF I had to share his time and attention for the last almost 9 years I had to let him go and do his job, I have had to stand by his side and understand that it is service before self and we have sacrificed together but I put that ring on his left hand and he put the ring on my left hand almost nine years ago for better or worse and I knew exactly what I was getting into when I said I do...but yesterday I pinned on this retirement pin and to me it symbolized the end of the sharing it was like marrying him all over again and this time it isn't service before self it's a whole new marriage in my eyes as of yesterday I got my actual husband back, there will be no more deployments, no more TDY's, no more stresses of being mommy and daddy, no more missing out on special occasions there will be no more war for us God has gotten us this far safely and we have managed to keep our marriage bandaged up and together through the rough times...this is an interesting time of getting to know and learn what it feels like to have him be all mine and the kids! This is a time of so many different emotions with the whats next thought running through our minds whats next where do we go from here....God holds all those answers and the best answer I could find for us during this time of transition can be found in Jeremiah 29: 11-13 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I don't know his plans, but I know they are better than anything I can imagine God's plans are always the best ones!  So join me in praying for God's will for our family and that he will guide our footsteps as well embark on this next chapter of our lives and a job or jobs will become available for us so we can provide for our family! Pray that I keep an open mind that if things don't go in the direction I would like them to go in (closer to home) that I will graciously accept God's will and not become soured just because things didn't go my way. So that's what's going on with us! My daughter Adreanna will be turning 16 next week woo hoo growing on up on me! Kids are all home for the summer everyone is moving on up grade wise I have a 10th grader, 7th grader, 3rd grader and a 2nd grader!! That's all I have for now I'll let y'all know when I get my appt with the surgeon! <3 me

No comments:

Post a Comment