Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spring = More Spring In My Step :-)

Well I don't know about y'all but I sure am glad to see spring like weather paying us a visit I was about to think the thermometer got stuck in the winter season and we were never going to see warmer weather! With some warmer weather I am starting to feel a tad bit more perkier!! With that I have started getting more active! This month I am not only focusing on what I put into my mouth but what I am doing physically to achieve my weight loss goals. So this weekend I took me and two of my daughters for a stroll around the beautiful park here in Sumter (Swan Lake) and yesterday I went all by myself. I have never been one to do things alone but hey sometimes it's just the way it is and you have to suck it up and go it alone. Those are the moments I get sad though because I know if I were back home in North Carolina I could find someone to go and do stuff like walking and etc with me but hey you gotta make the best out of every situation you are handed so I suck it up and do what I have to. Over the last 9 years I've gotten good at sucking it up and doing what I have to military life is just that way, you move you make friends you move again you lose friends normally you make new friends again but this time around I haven't really tried to because of various reasons trust issues, not wanting to deal with drama and etc but you know that kinda hurts to on days you wish you had someone to go do stuff with you like walk, shop, and stuff like that. But anyways the walk yesterday was nice it was quiet and I think quiet time is good also for you it was in the morning so it was peaceful the park wasn't that busy. I used the quiet time to walk, look around and enjoy nature and have a little chat with God you need that daily time with God just as much as you need daily time with your children and your spouse so I used that as my daily time with him yesterday. In other news I have been logging my food like a good girl I did take a day off as I do like every other week or so I have one day where I don't focus on writing everything down, I know my limits and I know what I should or shouldn't eat. I may allow myself one guilty pleasure but I can tell the difference I feel when I eat what is good for me and have my guilty pleasure lol I get lazier my energy level isn't great but it diminishes greatly when your not fueling your body and your only fooling your body. I have also noticed I tend to be more happier and more upbeat as well as long as I'm sticking strictly to my plan maybe the day's of an occasional guilty pleasure is over with for me lol I have been doing excellent I have faced many things that normally I love love love like Krispy Kreme my appts in Columbia put me driving right by that place and many of the time's I have gone by the hot and now sign is on but I kept on going it felt good to keep on going and not be weak and give in. Working on the healthier lifestyle definitely has it's good points! Yesterday I also got the rest of my blood work results back in not only do I have low protein issues (which by the way should be resolved by now cause I am making certain I am getting what I should be getting in and then some) but my Vitamin D levels are low as well so they called me in a prescription I should be able to get that today, I have had that issue before when we first came home from England it's not a big deal. Other than that the rest of my blood work was just fine! Next week is my echocardiogram and the following week my Psychological Evaluation then it's weigh ins from here on out till June and then we shall go from there! I did start going to a support group last night and I was so nervous about it because of not knowing anyone but I'm glad I went I met some really nice and funny ladies! I think I shall keep on going it's only once a month so it shouldn't be an issue!  Well that's all I got for now till my Friday weigh in and the scale is moving this week thank you God lol I can handle a stall ever so often lol but I need to lose 8  pounds by May 7th when I go back in for my 2nd weigh in so I need to make sure I am doing all that I can to get my weight doing what it needs to do. Y'all take care and I'll talk to you later! <3 Me

No comments:

Post a Comment