Friday, March 22, 2013

Week 4 Day 1......Staying Focused...Staying Strong...Getting Stronger...

Good morning friends! I hope this morning finds you all doing really well! As always it's Friday and I have my weigh in done and put into my myfitnesspal account. You know I never did say why I did start on a Friday with my weight-loss did I...I picked it cause Monday seemed too cliche how many people always say oh I'll start my diet on Monday?? I've even said that as well because it was my excuse to eat however I felt all weekend long before Monday and when Monday comes we use the excuse of OH MONDAY!!! It's just too stressful I can't start a diet now and it just get's put off and put off and forgotten all about till you've gained another 10 or 20 pounds true story promise you lol! So this week I have lost a total of 4 pounds YAY me doing happy dance!!! I'm a grand total of 17 pounds down from my highest weight of 325 pounds and down a total of 15 pounds from when I started my account on myfitnesspal. Next week I'll update my pictures along with my weigh in and my measurements too! I am happy to report that I have been able to increase my water intake thanks to the lovely drops I have found that adds flavor to my water which I have to say I believe the water is helping aid my weightloss tremendously because I hardly ever drank anything I think most days I might have taken in 20-40 ounces of some form of fluids mostly unhealthy like sodas and junk. But these days I take in at least a 100 ounces of water a day! I'm hoping maybe this will help with my dry skin too I have ashy legs yes white people get ashy too don't act surprised! :-) Anyway this blog is going to have some extras in it as I had my first appointment at the weight loss clinic that will be handling my surgery which is looking to be sometime around the end of June first part of July! My first appointment was great! Saw the nurse practitioner and talked extensively about the surgery and health issues she was very nice they all were! I was relieved that it was easy to find and get to cause I was nervous about going somewhere I had never been before so my anxiety was high yesterday morning till I got there! I have most of my preop appts all sat up: Tuesday I go back to Columbia for my Upper GI test at 9AM, Thuresday I go back to Columbia for my one Nutrtion class and all my blood work (must pack an Atkins bar because I'm not allowed to eat before my blood work ekk), then on April 4th I have my weigh in here in Sumter in the morning and then in the afternoon I have to be in Columbia at 2PM for my Psychological Evaluation. I will also while at my weigh in appt get my doctor to set up my appointment for my Echocardiogram that I have to have done before I can be cleared for surgery. Then I'll just be left with 2 more weigh ins then they will set me up to meet with my surgeon Dr. Prickette and he will help me decide which surgery is best for me which we all know it's going to be the gastric bypass as I refuse to do lapban and Tri Care does not pay for the Sleeve so this will be a no brainer part. After he agrees that I am a good candidate for the surgery which I know that I will be paperwork is submitted to Tri Care and they will approve it and then we'll pick a date for my surgery the waiting part for the next two months will be the hard part for me I am so ready to get to the surgery so I can begin this next part of my life I am looking forward to my 40th birthday next year and ready to see what I will be doing at that point I am ready to be free from all this weight and not feel like some social reject and feel good physical, and emotionally and to be able to live my life to the fullest and not miss out on everything anymore! 
So here is to new beginnings as I begin down this road to a new and improved life for me and my family because not only will I benefit from this but they will to because they will have someone who can do more and feel like doing more! They will have someone who isn't hiding behind her weight someone who will get out there and live an active life and enjoy it with them instead of someone who shrinks back in the shadows most days...I am so excited and happy these days!! Well y'all take care till next blog!
<3 Me

No comments:

Post a Comment