Tuesday, May 7, 2013

2nd Month Weigh In With My Doctor

So today was my month 2 weigh in with my doctor just one more weigh in to go and it will be all sent to my doctor in Columbia and we'll get an appt to see him and he'll go over things with me and we'll submit my paperwork to Tri Care and hopefully they will be like cool let's do this! So lets see my goal that the doctor sat for me was to lose 8 pounds this month I lost 11 pounds and she was thrilled with that!  I am too! So she wants another 8 pounds for next month as well that will be my third weigh in!  You know when you get ready to commit to something so big and so life changingg nerves can come in to play and this week they have after hearing of a young lady who passed away after she has the sleeve procedure done. It makes the danger of it more real, but I have to look at it from other aspects she had more than just the sleeve she had her gall bladder removed as well as a hernia repaired it was a lot going on there. Where as mine will just be the RNY bypass. I ask you though my friends please pray for this young lady's family this week she left behind a husband and three young daughters, pray for them and pray for her family and close friends as well as they deal with all of this. I spoke to my doctor about this because it has been on my mind alot since I heard about it and we talked about and she agreed with so much going on it added to the risk she reminded me that I didn't know the rest of her health history either. She told me that I was going into this with no big preexisting conditions like high blood pressure, heart disease, diabeties, she said my heart was in excellent condition from the echo cardiogram and she thought that I'd do just fine. It was a bit of reassurance I needed and this was coming from my PCM not the surgeon. I am still seeking God's guidance and will for me each step of the way through this process and if it's meant to be it will be, if it isn't well I guess I'll keep plugging away but I'm hoping this is God's will for me because I could so use this to help me lose all I need to lose so I can continue to be healthy, so I can live a long happy more enjoyable life with my family and friends and so I can be free to be me and not feel weighted down and judged for the outside and not the inside. Well that's all I've got tonight friends! Thanks for reading! <3 Me

No comments:

Post a Comment